Alban – Cundinamarca (Colombia)
- Producer: Orlando Fierro
- Verietal: Caturra, Tabi, Colombia
- Altitude: 1,600 MASL
A tasteful honey processed coffee from a small Farm is the Andes region of Colombia with balance acidity and creamy body.
- Aroma: Intense honey/Vanilla, dry peaches
- Flavour: Plums + intense syrupy sweetness
The red honey process: is a method in which the coffee cherry skin is removed from the coffee seed (bean). The mucilage of the coffee cherry is sticky and slimy and therefore it is called “honey”.
The coffee seed is left to sun/shade dry with the sticky mucilage layer still intact. This imparts more sugar into the seed and results, in a cup with more body and syrupiness than the traditional washed method and with more intensity and hint than the natural processing method.
- NO FERMENTATION WHILE DRYING = “PULPED NATURAL” = Low acidity
- MINIMAL FERMENTATION = “HONEY PROCESS” = Some acidity
- CONTROL FERMENTATION = “WASHED” = More acidity
- FERMENTATION = “NATURAL DRIED IN THE FRUIT” = Bright
My uncle Orlando Fierro wishes that the care and attention he puts into his farm as well as the unique, red honey method used to process his coffee allows his production to reflects an exciting, distinctive and unique cup profile.